Upgrading to v9.1 didn't upgrade the local Help

David E S Stein

Last week I upgraded Accordance from V7.4 to v9.1. The installer didn't upgrade the local Accordance Help. (Perhaps this outcome was related to the fact that at the time that installation began, I had already closed Accordance itself but the old Help was open. The installation stalled until I closed Help but after that seemed to run okay.) Because I was counting on Help to inform me about the new features in the latest version, I'd like to install the latest version of Help. How do I do so?

I would try simply reinstalling 9.1.

Good idea. Okay, I tried it: I downloaded the installer and ran it (after closing both Accordance and Help, and removing the Accordance icon from the Dock). Unfortunately, that made no difference: I still get the old Help version.

By the way, I'm running Mac OS 10.4.11 on a PowerPC G4 eMac.

Th Help files are located inside the Accordance application bundle so you must have an old Accordance somewhere on your hard drive. I suggest you look for it and delete it, and empty the trash.

Th Help files are located inside the Accordance application bundle so you must have an old Accordance somewhere on your hard drive. I suggest you look for it and delete it, and empty the trash.

Yes, that worked. Thank you!

Archived