Finding all Greek words for a particular English word

Paul Daunno

Today my Pastor preached on having Joy at Christmas and most of the text was in Luke 2. I decided to do a bit of a word study on "tidings" from Luke 2:10. In the KJVS I did this search: tidings <AND> [RANGE Mat-Rev].

The Analysis shows this -

tidings.tiff

Ok, so now I know there are these 3 Greek words that have been translated "tidings" in the KJV. There are other ones in the OT but for now I'm only interested in the NT.

I also use the Analysis to get all of the English words for a given Key Number. For example, if I do this search: [KEY G5368], the Analysis shows this -

keyG5368.tiff

Based on this, I know that the Greek word phileo has been translated into these 6 English words in the KJV.

It seems fairly quick and straightforward to use the Analysis for these simple searches but if I'm overlooking something or if there's other ways to use this to dig deeper I'd like to know.

PS. Can someone tell me how I can include thumbnail views of my images in my posts instead of file name links like in this post?

PS. Can someone tell me how I can include thumbnail views of my images in my posts instead of file name links like in this post?

I think if you upload the thumbnails as png files instead of tiffs, they should show up as previews instead of links. The jpeg format might work, too, I can't remember for sure.

You can use the Preview app that is included on every Mac to save the tiff files and png files.

Lorinda

I would also recommend to you, and I apologize if you're aware of it already, the Louw & Nida Lexicon based on Semantic Domains. It is a fantastic set of books, and an even better Accordance module.

I think if you upload the thumbnails as png files instead of tiffs, they should show up as previews instead of links. The jpeg format might work, too, I can't remember for sure.

You can use the Preview app that is included on every Mac to save the tiff files and png files.

Lorinda

Lorinda,

Thank you! I did a test and that worked. I appreciate your help.

I would also recommend to you, and I apologize if you're aware of it already, the Louw & Nida Lexicon based on Semantic Domains. It is a fantastic set of books, and an even better Accordance module.

Joe,

Thank you for the suggestion. As a matter of fact, I will be getting access to that module having bought the Scholar's 9 Standard package. It's going to be a Christmas present for me from my better half so I have to wait until then to use it. I'll be sure to take a close look at it in a few weeks!

Archived