Module Identification in the Library Window

Tom Castle

I know there are a lot of other posts about this... but have we come up with an easier way of identifying resources in the Library window? I know at one point the Helen said they were planning on working on that...

I'm fuzzy on what we're suggesting. A new type of window, or displaying additional info, or something else?

One thing I'd love is smarter search. If I type 'apparatus', it really is sad that the live search doesn't find my modules that have apparatus in the name, just because they begin with a different word.

I'm fuzzy on what we're suggesting. A new type of window, or displaying additional info, or something else?

One thing I'd love is smarter search. If I type 'apparatus', it really is sad that the live search doesn't find my modules that have apparatus in the name, just because they begin with a different word.

Yes... The short names of the modules are REALLY a pain. If I'm not familiar with a module, I have to open it up to find out what it is. I'd like to address that for starters. A more robust search method for anything in the names, etc. would be a bonus.

Yes... The short names of the modules are REALLY a pain. If I'm not familiar with a module, I have to open it up to find out what it is. I'd like to address that for starters. A more robust search method for anything in the names, etc. would be a bonus.

That is why I made a spreadsheet for my Library. ;-)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhmptlH8EDLucnZnNGJBYVNXem5sTmtVUXF0d1RGQWc&hl=en

Totally agree with the smarter search. And beyond that, the smaller names aren't always very descriptive. I have it on good authority that oaktree is working on this. Especially useful would be the ability to recognize what is "in" modules too. For instance, If I typed in "Eusebius" I'd like to know what modules I could find his texts in.

• 9 months later...

I'm going to fire up this topic again, rather than start a new one, though my question is tangential to the preceding.

I just did a Search All, and got a long list of hits. But when I clicked on one - "Quran - Eng. - Pickthall's Trans." - I got a message that it "is not available to Accordance at this time." Now, that's not a module I use often (or at all), and I don't find it among my Modules, and I don't find it among the Products, so I would _assume_ it's an older module that has been eliminated. (Yes? No?)

My question is: Can the library be tasked with checking to see if modules it lists still exist, and eliminating references to any that don't?

Thanks.

This is probably a User Tool of yours.

I think Search All in 9.4.2 no longer asks for missing modules, but the idea of a routine to find them in the Library is a good one.

• 1 month later...

I have also struggled with knowing what exactly some of the titles were in my library. I personally like the idea of a hover window that would show once I hovered over an abbreviation, essentially providing a "more info" of the selected text.

If you mouse over an item in the Library, its full title appears as a Tool Tip or Help tag. Is this different from what people are requesting?

Since this got resurrected, I'm happy to see that searching for the second word in a module now finds it. I had notice that was added when searching for long names was added.

I still find it odd that it doesn't find just any old matching string. For instance, I can't type a quick '11' to find NIV11 or searching for 'valera' doesn't find the Reina-Valera RVR09.

I have noticed that you've done some smart elimination, such as searching for NRSV doesn't match up the AYBD, even though that's in the long name.

Archived