instant details window

Dennis M Callies

How does one maximize or minimize the font size in the instant details window? The smaller and larger A's are apparent in the window, but moving the cursor closes Instant Details.

It sounds like you have the ID box set to automatically fade. If you didn't want this, its found in Preferences -> Instant Details.

But, assuming that you want to keep it fading, you have a few ways to keep it visible till the cursor arrives there. If the cursor makes it to the box before it starts to fade (about a 1 second delay or so), the box won't fade and you can adjust the size via the buttons. Also, if you hold the shift key down, that freezes the contents of the box and keeps it visible, if there is something was something being displayed to freeze. Finally, if you'd rather just set it directly, under that same Preference page, you see Font size: popup menu with the choice for your preferred size.

It sounds like you have the ID box set to automatically fade. If you didn't want this, its found in Preferences -> Instant Details.

But, assuming that you want to keep it fading, you have a few ways to keep it visible till the cursor arrives there. If the cursor makes it to the box before it starts to fade (about a 1 second delay or so), the box won't fade and you can adjust the size via the buttons. Also, if you hold the shift key down, that freezes the contents of the box and keeps it visible, if there is something was something being displayed to freeze. Finally, if you'd rather just set it directly, under that same Preference page, you see Font size: popup menu with the choice for your preferred size.

Thank you. I went to Preferences and left Set to Automatically Fade unselected; Font Size is set at Very Large. In the Text Display I have NAS95S to watch my Instant Details box at work. Holding the Shift key does allow the cursor to move from Text Display to Instant Details without losing the information that was being displayed in ID. However neither font sizing buttons (little A, big A) in ID are functional.

Archived