Define Range Ease of Use

AJ Moon

I love searching stuff whether in Greek or English but every time I want to I have to go in a define a range and verify and update it. It would be helpful and more efficient if this option could default to a current view. IE.. I do a verse search for Phil., I then switch to words and search for "Love" and I'll get all the results for just Phil.

If the drop down box could be converted to a text box where we can quickly type in the range with the ability to drop a menu with the predefined ranges that would be helpful to. It is a great feature but Defining the range outside of what is predefined is overly complicated and time consuming. Most the time I only want to search a Chapter or Book...hardly ever the entire bible or a range of books.

Thanks for the great work guys!

AJ

I temporarily set my search range with the RANGE command (found under the Search menu), like so:

1. Type the word or phrase I'm looking for

2. Press cmd-shift-a to insert the <AND> command

3. Press cmd-shift-r to insert the [RANGE ?] command and start typing in my temporary search range, e.g., John or Isa 1-39 or whatever.

I typically only define search ranges for sets of discontiguous pericopes, and I find the built-in search ranges very useful.

Oh, things I don't know...thanks! That will definitely help the process!

My suggestion stands, though this is helpful, it could be made more efficient

Thanks

Archived