EVSi or ESVS? Demo GNT/BHS?

mikes

I'm just trying to figure out a few things:

1. Is there a reason I should download or use the ESV Strong's group? or just use the ESVi

2. Can/Should I delete the GNT-TD and BHS-WD, or should I drop the non-Demo versions because the D versions are optimized for ios?

3. Thank you!!

There is no need for the ESVS group. I will try to set that up to not show up. Yes, the demo versions should be deleted if you have the full texts.

I'm sorry to repeat the question, just to clarify that ESVS and ESVi are identical?

More for curiosity than anything else, why would iOS require a different version than Mac if content-wise, they are the same? Licensing issues? Size of file?

The modules are identical, but yes, the licensing from Crossway is different and we needed to make that clear. People will need to pay for ESVS group for Accordance on Mac, even if they have the ESVi on the app.

So...I wound up with ESVi, ESVS, and ESV on my iPad. Based on the above, I deleted ESVi. But, ESV won't delete. Is that something that I need to keep for ESVS to function correctly?

ESV probably won't delete because you've loaded the text. Switch to a different text and try deleting it again.

ESV probably won't delete because you've loaded the text. Switch to a different text and try deleting it again.

That did it. Thanks!

I think my question is similar enough to hop on the end of this thread, even though that's not normal netiquette ;)

I want to know whether I should or shouldn't download the ESV (as distinct from ESVi) text to my iphone. i.e. I already had a paid license copy of ESV on my mac, and hence it comes up in my downloadable list on the iphone - even though ESVi is installed by default.

What I've done so far is ignore the ESV in the list and just use the ESVi. Is that what I should continue to do? Or should I download it? And if so, should I / could I delete the ESVi?

And finally if there isn't any value in installing the ESV, I might suggest tweaking something at your end so the ESV doesn't appear in anyone's downloadable list - in the interests of avoiding confusion.

You don't need the ESV, but if we "tweak" it as you suggest, then a user with the ESVi on the iOS won't be able to download the ESV to his Mac even if he owns it. We'll just have to live with that for now, sorry.

Thanks for the quick reply again, Helen. (Do you folks ever sleep!?)

I understand, and I guess it's no big deal really. Just another thought, in case it helps anyone - Could you put a note in the iOS documentation somewhere informing existing mac ESV users that they won't need to download that text??

Over and out ...

Archived