Brown Bars

Rick

Seems like a lot of brown bars throughout the app. It's kind of heavy on the eyes.

post-537-079891700 1293812221_thumb.png

post-537-097623400 1293812219_thumb.png

Seems like a lot of brown bars throughout the app. It's kind of heavy on the eyes.

I don't mind the brown bars, but the buttons need to be more distinct. A black button = active, but with a dark brown button next to it, it's hard to tell which is the active setting.

I don't mind the brown bars, but the buttons need to be more distinct. A black button = active, but with a dark brown button next to it, it's hard to tell which is the active setting.

That is true, too.

But, listen to us, how spoiled we are! I'd just like to say that the app is great, and the search possibilities are unexpectable. I'm so happy with what i have on my iPod now.

And I'm not sure that it was a good idea for the Accordance people to release the iOS app on New Year's Eve. They are going to spend the night answering the questions here.

It's clear that Olive Tree for their Bible Reader 5 got inspiration from the Apple iBooks app. Actually I like their approach as it builds on familiarity with the other e-text reading app. And UI colors are much lighter too. The only thing I'm missing there is black popup windows from Bible Reader 4.

All day long I'm thinking what would have been if Oak Tree had made agreement with the Olive Tree and made Accordance resources available in Bible Reader format, Olive Tree would have added "Sync with your Accordance account" section in the Library window, and we would have excellent Bible app with both Accordance modules and cheaper Olive Tree modules (only for iOS hardware). Accordance team would have free time to concentrate on their Mac desktop version, Olive Tree wouldn't have another competitor

post-634-042250500 1293825888_thumb.png

post-634-066395500 1293825896_thumb.png

We have an excellent relationship with OliveTree, but there was no way to have them access Accordance modules. It's just not that simple, our modules have a lot of extra value built into them and thus a very complex structure as well as powerful search capabilities.

All day long I'm thinking what would have been if Oak Tree had made agreement with the Olive Tree and made Accordance resources available in Bible Reader format, Olive Tree would have added "Sync with your Accordance account" section in the Library window, and we would have excellent Bible app with both Accordance modules and cheaper Olive Tree modules (only for iOS hardware). Accordance team would have free time to concentrate on their Mac desktop version, Olive Tree wouldn't have another competitor

• 3 weeks later...

We have an excellent relationship with OliveTree, but there was no way to have them access Accordance modules. It's just not that simple, our modules have a lot of extra value built into them and thus a very complex structure as well as powerful search capabilities.

Thanks for that explanation Helen, my hope had been some kind of partnership but I can see how it would have been a second-best solution.

• 4 months later...

In response to the original post, I also think that the heavy brown bars take up too much space on the screen. I would prefer a lighter interface with thinner line. In the end I want as much screen space as possible for the texts and tools.

Archived