iAccordBetaTesing Profile

Michael J. Bolesta

I had the privilege of being a beta tester for iAccord (which became the iOS Accordance app). Early builds required a provisioning profile. That is no longer the case, but the iAccordBetaTesing Profile (yes test is misspelled) persisted. In settings it appears as a Profile (General Settings). Choosing it shows it under the header Provisioning. The details indicate it to be verified, received Dec 14, 2010, expires Jul 19, 2011. If I select remove and select remove from the ensuing dialogue, it does not appear. But if I synch with iTunes, the bad boy reappears. How do I get rid of it? Another beta tester I know said his iPhone (also a 4) no longer has it.

Note: between each beta installation I dutifully deleted the earlier version of the app from iPhone and iTunes, synched, installed the new profile and the new beta app in iTunes, then synched to install both on the iPhone. I followed the same procedure to install version 1.0 for iOS, except that there is not provisioning profile.

I use iPhone 4, iOS 4.2.1, iTunes 10.1.1 on Mac using OS X 10.6.5

AppleCare did not know what was going on.

Thanks for all you do!

I know your plate is quite full now, but please acknowledge receipt of this "bug."

This is the general procedure, excerpted from Leslie Burnett's post in this thread at Apple Support":

1. Remove the profile from your iPhone (Settings/General/Profile; select Profile and then Remove)

2. In the User's home directory ~/Library/MobileDevice/ there will be a /Provisioning Profiles directory. Simply delete (or move and file elsewhere) the item(s) from this directory.

3. Then sync with iTunes.

The Ad Hoc Provisioning Profiles will now disappear.

Shame on AppleCare! :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you Dr. Kang!

I thought the file must reside somewhere, but searching for the hard drive in the Finder with cmd-F did not find it (not sure what I did wrong). But in any case... thank you!

God bless you.

Archived