Not finding a word

Christoph Koehler

Hi there,

I am by no means an expert, quite the opposite. I was reading Wallace's grammar and wanted to do a search he did in there for a word in Romans 9:22. The word there is κατηρτισμένα (kathrtismena). But when I try to search for it exactly, no results pop up. When I look for the base form (root? lemma?) +καταρτιζω, likewise nothing pops up. I can see the word in the text, but not search for it. This is in the GNT-T text.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

And all of a sudden it works..... odd.

Hi there,

I am by no means an expert, quite the opposite. I was reading Wallace's grammar and wanted to do a search he did in there for a word in Romans 9:22. The word there is κατηρτισμένα (kathrtismena). But when I try to search for it exactly, no results pop up. When I look for the base form (root? lemma?) +καταρτιζω, likewise nothing pops up. I can see the word in the text, but not search for it. This is in the GNT-T text.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

By searching for the exact (or inflected) form, you are doing a very precise search. As it happens, this word does not occur in this inflected form anywhere else.

Doing the root search: +καταρτιζω is fundamentally flawed. There are two roots in this one word. If you go to the passage again and right click on the word and then click on Search For > Root. The results of this is not what you're looking for. It searches for this: (+κατά, +ἄρτι). However, what you want to do is to search for the lemma (Search For > Lemma). This search looks like this: =καταρτίζω. On this search I got 13 hits.

Hope this helps!

By searching for the exact (or inflected) form, you are doing a very precise search. As it happens, this word does not occur in this inflected form anywhere else.

Doing the root search: +καταρτιζω is fundamentally flawed. There are two roots in this one word. If you go to the passage again and right click on the word and then click on Search For > Root. The results of this is not what you're looking for. It searches for this: (+κατά, +ἄρτι). However, what you want to do is to search for the lemma (Search For > Lemma). This search looks like this: =καταρτίζω. On this search I got 13 hits.

Hope this helps!

Yes. I think I am now getting the difference between root, lemma, exact form, and exact form with accents and breathing marks. Thanks!

Archived