Can't exit search results and go to the full Bible text

Guntis

Hi,

I intered in search:

John <AND> <NOT> baptist

Got some results. Scrolled to Matt 21:32, read it, and was interested to read full context. So I started to figure out how I can exit search results and go back to the full Bible text. First thing I tapped on the bottom right button, new screen opened with the verse chooser, already at Matt 21:32. Naturally I tapped on Go To button, expecting to open Bible text to that verse. Wrong. I'm back in the search results list. Opened Search entry and deleted search query. Tapped on Cancel button, back in the search results list. Finally changed Bible translation, that helped, but it opened to Gen 1:1

Hi,

I intered in search:

John <AND> <NOT> baptist

Got some results. Scrolled to Matt 21:32, read it, and was interested to read full context. So I started to figure out how I can exit search results and go back to the full Bible text. First thing I tapped on the bottom right button, new screen opened with the verse chooser, already at Matt 21:32. Naturally I tapped on Go To button, expecting to open Bible text to that verse. Wrong. I'm back in the search results list. Opened Search entry and deleted search query. Tapped on Cancel button, back in the search results list. Finally changed Bible translation, that helped, but it opened to Gen 1:1

Hi,

I intered in search:

John <AND> <NOT> baptist

I'm not sure about the keyboard problem, but the easiest way to see context is to add it to the search. Under the Options for the search, just switch to add all context and use the up/down arrows to navigate your results.

I'm not sure about the keyboard problem, but the easiest way to see context is to add it to the search. Under the Options for the search, just switch to add all context and use the up/down arrows to navigate your results.

I agree with you.

This app is very nice. Thanks!!

But I want to access to full text page from search page quickly.

Thanks for the add context tip Joel. That solves the functional issue. As far as form though... is there a one or two tap way to exit search mode and return to browsing the currently open module? Goto seems to leave the search results highlighted and marked, and going to the library to re-open the module requires a tap, a swipe or two, and a tap and is counterintuitive, since you

I've been pointing this out from day one of the beta, but the powers that be have been ignoring me from day one.

Shawn

I've been pointing this out from day one of the beta, but the powers that be have been ignoring me from day one.

Shawn

Two suggestions here: once I open verse chooser and tap on the Go To button, please discard search mode and really do Go To that verse and show full context. That's just so intuitive and natural.

Secondly, even while in the search mode, I can tap-and-hold on any Bible reference (2Mac. 7:20) and get "New Note" pop-up button. Could you add there another button — "Open in Context" or "Go To"? That would also solve this issue.

If you really need, you can add necessary changes in search options or whatever, I just need to switch from search to the full Bible text, and maybe even don't care about my search results list anymore… I've found what I've been looking for, and want to read the text in its context. Without digging in search options. ;)

Archived