The echo stopped working

Victor Gutierrez

David Lang had an interesting post in his blog about how to find when a name is repeated in the Bible. This post was actually based in a question I had asked in another Bible software's forum. I recently acquired Accordance and decided to try this. It seems as if this is not working in Version 9. I followed the instructions several times, but it came back with different results. Am I missing something? The post was:

http://www.accordancebible.com/Is-There-An-Echo

Could someone please let me know if this search is still possible with Accordance 9?

David Lang had an interesting post in his blog about how to find when a name is repeated in the Bible. This post was actually based in a question I had asked in another Bible software's forum. I recently acquired Accordance and decided to try this. It seems as if this is not working in Version 9. I followed the instructions several times, but it came back with different results. Am I missing something? The post was:

http://www.accordancebible.com/Is-There-An-Echo

Could someone please let me know if this search is still possible with Accordance 9?

Hi Victor,

I just did the search and it worked as expected. Could you please be more specific and tell us what exactly went wrong in your case? Did you use GNT-T? Did you set the search to Clauses in the Search field pop-up menu?

Hi Victor,

I just did the search and it worked as expected. Could you please be more specific and tell us what exactly went wrong in your case? Did you use GNT-T? Did you set the search to Clauses in the Search field pop-up menu?

Hi Ruben,

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. I am getting 35 hits instead of the 7 I should be getting. I am also setting the search to clauses. The problem is not getting the result, it is getting a lot more than just the results. I noticed that all those are in the vocative case. If I add that tidbit of information to my Greek construct, I get the desired results in GNT-T, but not in the GNT-TR (unless I change the search to verses in the Search pop-up). Am I missing something?

This was actually a change in version 8 -> version 9. In Version 8, if there was no WITHIN added, it assumed consecutive words. For version 9, add a WITHIN 1 between the words to replicate the search from v8.

I have been playing a great deal with the Greek Construct. Something changed between how they did those construct searches in accordance 9, but one can still easily arrive at the same results. I figured out that if I specified that those words had to be together, the result would come up too.

In Florida they say that there are many ways to skin a cat. I guess that as I am learning more about Accordance, I am learning different ways to skin that cat. Thanks for your help.

P.S. Would a programmer please explain to me why in the GNT-TR if the "clause" option is selected in the Search option, I cannot get any results. Is this because the GNT-TR is tagged differently or something on those lines?

This was actually a change in version 8 -> version 9. In Version 8, if there was no WITHIN added, it assumed consecutive words. For version 9, add a WITHIN 1 between the words to replicate the search from v8.

Joel,

Thank you very much for the response.

Archived