Accordance for iOS Roadmap

Brent Lawrence

I was wondering if you have an Accordance for iOS roadmap to help us get some sense of what might be in the pipeline for future updates. Understanding that there is a feature request thread, I thought I'd spare my two cents in that area if an overview was available about some of the features that might be coming up that weren't quite ready for the 1.0 release. Thanks.

I was wondering if you have an Accordance for iOS roadmap to help us get some sense of what might be in the pipeline for future updates. Understanding that there is a feature request thread, I thought I'd spare my two cents in that area if an overview was available about some of the features that might be coming up that weren't quite ready for the 1.0 release. Thanks.

Hi Brent,

Syncing content between Accordance for iOS and Accordance for Mac is the only major feature we've committed to publicly for the next release (1.1). And that's only because we cut it from the 1.0 feature set because it was not finished.

Beyond that I don't think OakTree is ready to publish a roadmap, at least not publicly. But we see the possibilities of what can be done here, particularly on the iPad. And our competitors in this space are certainly not standing still. And our users are not shy in suggesting what they want to see. The question will be one of priority and economics. And how much sleep we're allowed. :)

Scott.

Hi Brent,

Syncing content between Accordance for iOS and Accordance for Mac is the only major feature we've committed to publicly for the next release (1.1). And that's only because we cut it from the 1.0 feature set because it was not finished.

Beyond that I don't think OakTree is ready to publish a roadmap, at least not publicly. But we see the possibilities of what can be done here, particularly on the iPad. And our competitors in this space are certainly not standing still. And our users are not shy in suggesting what they want to see. The question will be one of priority and economics. And how much sleep we're allowed. :)

Scott.

Totally understand. Thanks.

Sleep? I don't recall that being anywhere in the contract. ;)

I don't think anyone on this forum thinks the Accordance team gets any sleep. Clearest evidence for miracles anywhere on the internet!

<br />Beyond that I don't think OakTree is ready to publish a roadmap, at least not publicly. But we see the possibilities of what can be done here, particularly on the iPad.

• 2 months later...

Maybe it's just me, but I find Accordance IOS so crippled compared to Olive Tree BibleReader, which, obviously, is more mature. Some things that are a real nuisance: It always goes back to Genesis 1 when selecting a new version from the Library. When having two panes open, you can only have identical references. It would be nice to go to another reference in one pane while remaining with the original reference in the other.

Maybe it's just me, but I find Accordance IOS so crippled compared to Olive Tree BibleReader, which, obviously, is more mature. Some things that are a real nuisance: It always goes back to Genesis 1 when selecting a new version from the Library. When having two panes open, you can only have identical references. It would be nice to go to another reference in one pane while remaining with the original reference in the other.

It's not just you; we've all requested these features and just have to be patient now.

It's not just you; we've all requested these features and just have to be patient now.

Not only is patience a virtue, but it is usually rewarded. :)

Scott.

Not only is patience a virtue, but it is usually rewarded. :)

Scott.

[wink, wink]

Archived