Bible Arc and Accordance

Christoph Koehler

Hi there,

Is anyone using Bible Arc and somehow integrating their arc into Accordance? It'd be nice to take an Arc PDF and somehow attach it to a passage in Accordance.

Thanks!

Christoph

Hi there,

Is anyone using Bible Arc and somehow integrating their arc into Accordance? It'd be nice to take an Arc PDF and somehow attach it to a passage in Accordance.

Thanks!

Christoph

I'm interested in this too. For now, I'm just copying my notes on the arc into accordance as user notes. Maybe the pdf files could be combined into a user tool?

I'm interested in this too. For now, I'm just copying my notes on the arc into accordance as user notes. Maybe the pdf files could be combined into a user tool?

Hm interesting. I haven't looked at user tools yet, so I don't know what they are capable of. But that would be fantastic!

Hm interesting. I haven't looked at user tools yet, so I don't know what they are capable of. But that would be fantastic!

You could add a link in your User Tool to the pdf file. Clicking on it would open the file in Preview, not Accordance. File links don't work in User Notes, though.

For the moment, at least, pdf files can't be imported into Accordance.

Lorinda

• 1 year later...

We really need to have a way to copy and paste our diagrams into our bible notes so that they are linked to the passage and/or (i'd like both!) we need to be able to have our diagrams linked to the passage as their own file just like user notes with an icon next to the passage also.

• 5 weeks later...

I would love to somehow integrate diagrams or arcs into user tools/notes as well. As far as arcing, it can be done proficiently in accordance via the diagramming tool, although I admit the Biblearc.com site is extremely user friendly!

I've never heard of Arcing before. This looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Looks interesting alright and EXTREMELY complex. I spent an hour looking at that site and it makes ZERO sense. I spent another hour trying to figure where to find diagramming tools in Accordance and even what they are and what they do. That's a lost cause. Too bad. From what little I could understand of all the mumbo jumbo and lines flying around it seems like it might be helpful. Then again, if it involves diagrams and pictographs and arcane hieroglyphic inscriptions it might not. If it is even half as horribly complex as that nightmarish inductive system with the 40 billion colors that is somehow supposed to help you figure things out, then defnitely not. The Bible is hard enough to fight your way through to begin with.... making it look like a Skittles factory blew up just makes it that much harder of a chore. @@

Edit: I found something on the internet about sentence diagramming and if this what this is about, then this really is a lost cause. This involves knowing all this impossibly complicated terminology and parts of a sentence and half the words I don't even understand. Boxes, lines going everywhere.... weird shapes.....all this is going to do is to frustrate and confuse me even more. I walked out of an English class once over this very thing and never went back. I'm not a genius with an advanced degree in English and Greek and Hebrew so this isn't for me.

Edited by arcanemuse

arcanemuse, I don't know what part of the site you were on, so maybe you already saw this, but their video tutorials break everything down step-by-step to make sense of arcing.

@arcanemuse: [chuckle] Visual diagrams of relationships of words, phrases, and/or sentences really help some people. [but not everyone] These various methods (sentence flow charts, Bible arcing, sentence diagramming, etc.) all provide visual records of which words modify which other words and how. Two people who use the same system can see exactly the other understands the passage. More than that, making such a diagram forces a person to make exegetical decisions on a word-by-word basis.

Some of these decisions are obvious. The relationships are grammatically (syntactically or morphologically) already predetermined—or limited to just a couple of choices. Others are made based on logic, information in other Bible passages, even theological predisposition. The wise investigator, once the passage is done, knows just which relationships are fixed and which are "up for grabs," so to speak.

Analyzing the structure of a didactic passage, poem, or narrative is the key to preaching an expository sermon, as the structure of the passage determines the outline and principle points of the sermon.

• Like 1

It's OK to laugh... I know I am stupid. Even with a dictionary I didn't get some of that very well... not sure exactly what didactic means. This sounds like critical thinking stuff that I got an F in. This is REALLY out of my ballpark. I don't go graphical things well at all anyway. Thanks for trying to explain it to the dummy... it's just another thing with this software I am never going to understand. I should probably just sell off all the electronic resources and go back to paper....

hi Rick,

I didn't hear anyone laughing. In fact, I deal with people who are somewhat similarly challenged quite regularly. Sometimes graphical things work for people, other times they don't, though at one level everyone works with graphics - even turning a physical page is a graphical thing (unless you are blind of course).

One of the things I love about accordance is that I can do nearly all of my searches by typing the commands, not only by dragging various graphical elements around. I love the boolean logic of <AND> and <OR> and <NOT> etc etc. I love that you can restrict ranges by typing [RANGE...] and you don't have to use the Range function (though I know there is a slight difference between the two).

Anyway, please use us on the forums, I would be very happy to do my best to help you with issues either on the boards or by private email (or even a screenshare if that would be of any help). I know that lots of us on the boards like to help as well. Please let me know if I can help in any way. I am over 50 and learning Hebrew (in my 3rd year now) after having been told I would never learn a new language over age 50. So there Professor of Hebrew... :-)

Kindest Regards