Change coma, to colon : in bible text display

Graeme

I'm New to Accordance so here is my very first silly question...

I've tried every which way to do this and cannot find the right setting.

I've even asked a friend and long time Accordance user, he's baffled! :huh: even though his text does display a colon.

He shall remain nameless...for the meantime.

Preferences > text display.....?

All I want to do is change the offending , between chapter and verse to a very nice :

Eg 1 John 4,1 to 1 john 4:1

I didn't have this kind of problem in.... "another software programme" :D

Graeme

There are two preferences, in different places, that affect the chapter/verse divider.

In Preferences: Appearance there is an option to Use European verse notation for entry and text display. This overrides other settings and is using the comma between chapter and verse, (and a period between lists of verses thus: Gen 1,1.3.5). Uncheck this preference.

In Text display which can be set globally in Preferences or individually for texts, there is an option to Use decimal verse divider. This uses a period instead of a colon between chapter and verse, (thus: Gen 1.1,3,5). Uncheck this preference. This option remains available for verse reference entry (good for people like me who find it hard to coordinate the shift with the other keys).

I hope this helps.

There are two preferences, in different places, that affect the chapter/verse divider.

In Preferences: Appearance there is an option to Use European verse notation for entry and text display. This overrides other settings and is using the comma between chapter and verse, (and a period between lists of verses thus: Gen 1,1.3.5). Uncheck this preference.

In Text display which can be set globally in Preferences or individually for texts, there is an option to Use decimal verse divider. This uses a period instead of a colon between chapter and verse, (thus: Gen 1.1,3,5). Uncheck this preference. This option remains available for verse reference entry (good for people like me who find it hard to coordinate the shift with the other keys).

I hope this helps.

Thank you! :)

Graeme, I knew the answer all the time.

I just didn't want to tell you because you used that 'other programme', which is not nearly as good as Accordance.

Helen, is just a nicer person than me.

p.s. I never said we were friends.

Graeme, I knew the answer all the time.

I just didn't want to tell you because you used that 'other programme', which is not nearly as good as Accordance.

Helen, is just a nicer person than me.

p.s. I never said we were friends.

:o who are you?! :ph34r:

Archived