4 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_H

Jason_H

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

I am trying to perform a Greek construct search of the LXX for the common conjunctive phrases like, "kai egeneto en tais hnmerias ekeinais". I was able to put a coordinating conjunction, followed by a verb (root ginomai) successfully. However, any further attempts to add lexical or root forms only allows Hebrew text entry, searching from the Hebrew text. There is a dropdown box with BHS-W4 selected as the search text, and that is the only option, even though I am performing a GREEK construct search. How come it allowed me to input a Greek word at first, but now only the Hebrew text is an option? I'm attaching a screenshot.

Attached File  Screen shot 2011-01-12 at 10.59.11 AM.png   237.39KB   40 downloads

#2 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

What is the Search criteria for the "Hebrew Old Testament" tab?

Constructs normally have to be linked to a search window, and it doesn't look like the LXX tab contains the LINK command. I'm wondering if maybe the LINK command is in the Hebrew tab, and that's causing the problem?

Lorinda

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 8 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#3 Jason_H

Jason_H

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

No, it is linked to another window containing the LXX. You just can't see the tab behind the dialog box. Why then did it allow Greek entry at first?

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,961 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

I cannot reproduce this. I wonder whether you can, or whether you have saved the session so we can look at it. A screenshare session would be helpful to track it down. You can email me your contact info.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 Jason_H

Jason_H

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

I just successfully reproduced it by starting a new Greek construct search and putting in the same series as before. I'd be happy to show you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users