viewing one verse at a time

pcoghlan

Hi, i was wondering whether there is a way of viewing one verse at a time and then being able to click easily to the next verse or the previous verse. i am wanting this to help with translating passages. it is alot easier if you just have one verse up at a time. but when i want to go to the next verse i have to type in the verse in the search pane. thanks

Phil

Phil, there's no real way to do what you're asking, but you could approximate it by doing a couple of things.

First, set the text display for the text you're wanting to translate (GNT-T? BHS-W4?) to show as Separate with Space. This will display each verse on a separate line with white space between verses.

Second, click the pane orientation icon to the left of the Add Pane icons to change the pane orientation from vertical to horizontal. Now add a second pane and drag the bar between panes up so that only one verse can be viewed in the top pane at any one time. If you're translating, you might create a user note file for your translation and then add that pane beneath the text you're translating. You can then translate each verse, then click the down verse arrow to go to the next one.

Hope this helps.

Here is a comparison view that I have that is set up similar to David's suggestion. You could tweak it to meet your specific needs by including a user note or other file at the bottom.

post-1391-058470800 1294934718_thumb.png

Phil, there's no real way to do what you're asking, but you could approximate it by doing a couple of things.

First, set the text display for the text you're wanting to translate (GNT-T? BHS-W4?) to show as Separate with Space. This will display each verse on a separate line with white space between verses.

Second, click the pane orientation icon to the left of the Add Pane icons to change the pane orientation from vertical to horizontal. Now add a second pane and drag the bar between panes up so that only one verse can be viewed in the top pane at any one time. If you're translating, you might create a user note file for your translation and then add that pane beneath the text you're translating. You can then translate each verse, then click the down verse arrow to go to the next one.

Hope this helps.

thanks, your suggestion is exactly what i have been doing. however it is annoying to have different size verses and thus either have multiple small verses fit in the text pane, or have only part of a large verse. Do you know if there will be any changes to this, it was really the thing i liked about Bibleworks, and i just assumed it would be a function in accordance when i bought it. it would also be a good function to have for the user notes aswell, to just go to translating the next verse.

thanks for your reply anyway.

Phil

Phil,

Believe it or not, you're the first to ask for this.

Phil,

Believe it or not, you're the first to ask for this.

That is just not true. Follow this link:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4268

You'll find that on a similar page discussion, others have called this an often-requested feature. The hope was that this feature was on the radar screen for development...

The requests and discussion on the linked page are different than this topic. In fact, with the revamp of the Search All window in Accordance 9, those features have been filled. If you enter any reference into Search [All Texts] you'll see how the reference is translated across every translation and original text you have.

What is requested here is forcing a single-verse view regardless of search entry, and this I cannot recall being requested before either.

Hey I learned something new. Thanks! I'd never thought to try the Search All to do that. I was envisioning having to create a workspace.

Archived