Navigation in commentaries and along with commentaries

Guntis

Today I bought NAC. It has rather long commentaries on each Bible passage. For example, it has one section (several paragraphs on Matt 6:9-13, and then 6:16-18. If I open commentary in the Split window, I have to scroll and scroll and scroll to get to the next section. Maybe iPad owners don't feel this issue, but on the small iPhone screen it's really taking time to navigate to the next section. At the same time Search navigation buttons in the bottom toolbar are inactive. I think maybe you could enable them for easier scrolling/navigation in commentaries? One tap on the down-pointing triangle and I'm in the next commentary section, or 1 paragraph down. Or one tap on the up-pointing triangle in the bottom toolbar and I go to the beginning of the previous section commentary, or 1 paragraph up. This could be user-defined setting.

And you should add some gesture command to disable linked scrolling. For example, 1 finger or 2 finger double-tap to turn it on and second time to turn it off. Consider this: in the main window I have NRSVS open to Matt 6:9, I see about 3 lines of text, because in the Split window I've opened NAC commentary on this passage. I have maximized Split window for easier commentary reading. I read this commentary, and after 3 paragraphs it makes reference to v.11. I'm curious to know what's written in v.11, so I scroll the main window to v.11, which immediately brings my commentary back to the beginning of this section (v.9), because it's one section in commentary for vv. 9-13. So after reading v.11 I have to scroll and scroll in commentary back to the 4th paragraph to continue my reading. Disabling Bible text and commentary syncing would be really helpful in these situations.

Archived