Compare Texts on iOS

Nick Matthews

It would be nice to be able to show the text comparisons between two biblical texts, on the iOS app. It works really well on the desktop, and hopefully the core functionality could be ported to the iOS app. This is also a feature that could be added to the iPhone version, although I suspect it may not be quite as useful when used when comparing texts above and beneath each other, as it would when two texts are horizontally aligned.

It would be nice to be able to show the text comparisons between two biblical texts, on the iOS app. It works really well on the desktop, and hopefully the core functionality could be ported to the iOS app. This is also a feature that could be added to the iPhone version, although I suspect it may not be quite as useful when used when comparing texts above and beneath each other, as it would when two texts are horizontally aligned.

If I understand you correctly, then this feature already exists in the application. In a text search view tap on the "plus" icon in the bottom toolbar, choose what type of module you want to view in parallel, and then choose the appropriate module from the list presented. The text search view should now be split into two panes. And just like in a search tab in Accordance for Mac, the texts should stay in sync when scrolling.

You can drag the divider to resize the two panes, or even drag it to the bottom (portrait) or right (landscape) to quickly close the secondary pane. Tapping on the plus icon when two panes are being shown also gives you the option to close the secondary pane as well as change what content is shown in the pane.

Hope this helps,

Scott.

Nick is wanting to highlight the diferences between the two texts. Yes, it would be nice, but we have many more basic things to implement before we get to that!

Archived