Search All

Sean R.

Version 9 introduced improvements to Accordance's Search All feature, the main one being a significant speed bump. After upgrading to version 9, I was able to search all my modules in just a couple seconds without a dialog box popping up naming every module as it was searched. Since upgrading to 9.2.1, I've noticed a significant reduction in speed and the dreaded dialog box pops up listing every module as it is searched. The speed reduction is especially evident when running a search with more than one search term. Am I imagining this, or has something been introduced which has negatively impacted the Search All speed?

I see this too, though I think it started before this update. However, I've only been an Accordance user for a few months and don't have version 8 as a reference to compare with. To be fair, the "dreaded dialogue" box only lasts a few seconds before the results appear, and with single-word searches it's even faster. And I'm running a 4+yr old computer.

I can't reproduce this on my 9.2.1. Try removing the Search All Cache file in /Library/Application Support/Accordance/Gloss Folder/.

After doing this, the first time you access a module it will be slightly slower, as it builds the cache, but every other time should be much faster. A good tip to force build the cache of every module is to do a search all with: [English] [All] and jibberish as the entry text, like 'asdafgg'. This will be fast as there are no results, but will cache every file as they are loaded to determine if that gibberish word does exist.

See if this helps.

Deleting the Search All cache and then forcing Accordance to build the cache resulted in a significant speed bump. Now the Search All speed is back to what it used to be. Thanks!

Archived