Help in Topical Bible Study

CWW

I have been appointed by my church to chair a committee to review Staff salaries and development.

Just an initial survey has thrown up a bewildering array of opinions and practices from legacy issues and church demographics to state of the economy ...

I'd like to begin from the Bible. Through use of Nave's Topical Bible (under topic of Minister) and Cross Reference tools (starting at known passages like 1 Cor 9:14, 1 Tim 5:17-18), I have a good list of bible passages to begin to develop a biblical framework to guide our thinking in this review process.

Specifically now, I'd like to create 3 Scriptural frameworks around the following topics:

1. A Church's obligation/responsibility to their Pastor (with a special focus on finances)

2. A Pastor's attitude towards financial provision

3. Ongoing development of ministry staff

I've got a good, comprehensive list of passage for (1). But I'm somewhat stuck on how to approach the searches on bible passages for (2) and (3). I think the main challenge I have is defining a search criteria that best finds what I'm looking for.

I'm asking for any help you can think of, perhaps even a podcast :) on using accordance for topical bible study, especially more unusual topics.

Thank you,

Wei

Archived