Expanding the context

Ron Bailey

Here is an image of my setup.

20110312-jkbfk7mxxuafarr26jq7hdk48x.preview.jpgClick for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

I wanted to expand the context of the NKJV version in a full window so that I could see the arrowed verse in its proper context. However when I do 'CMD+5' it produces an expanded context in all the versions of the original workspace. I then have to close all the superfluous windows so that I can see my reference in its full textual context.

How do I get an expanded context which is restricted to the version in which I have poised my cursor and then activated CMD+5?

Many thanks.

Hello Ron

Since everything within a zone gets expanded, you need to have an additional zone that contains only the NKJV.

Open the NKJV from your Library Window, then click-and-drag the tab around your screen to see where you want it to land (you will see a shadow outline of the possible positions of the rectangle as you move you cursor around). Then simply release it wherever you want it to land.

I hope that helps,

Thomas

If you tie that separate tab in a separate zone to the original search tab, and have it display the entire text (Verses search with *), then it will always have the same verse at the top of the window as your search tab has.

You can use the Tabs & Zones submenu in the Window menu to cycle through and act on tabs and zones. The various key command combinations are all listed there for reference.

Tabs&Zones.png

Thank you both. I have tried but just can't get my head around zones! So I have just avoided them. I will review Dr J's podcast and see if I can do better.

OK. I think I am getting there.

[20110315-nrbuisg5bj5yct3ah9r4h5et3p.preview.jpgClick for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

The bottom left zone is tied to my Marked Bible tab and to get my context I just highlight the verse in the bottom left hand pane and CMD+5. I have found out how to magnify my main working zone and then shrink it back to its normal size. I think I will mostly operate in that magnified Mixed Zone but with the 2 lower zones hidden until I want to find the context.

Is this the best way of doing it? It seems a little complicated.

Archived