Keynotes

Peter Dubbelman

Here are two Keynote related questions. Thanks for your help.

1. Can I get a map animation, say of Paul's second mission's trip, to work in animation mode in a KeyNote's 'slide', or must I access Accord. during my presentation to play it from within Accord 9? This later method is cumbersome, esp. when you are away from the computer using a remote.

2. After saving several pictures within Accord, do I need to separately cut and paste them in order to get them into Keynotes? The ability, via Accord's slideshow feature, to play these saved slides sequentially is awesome, but I would rather not have to play a slide show from from Accord during a KeyNote presentation, for the same reason mentioned above?

PD

Sorry, there is no way to export a set of slides nor an animation to Keynote.

I am sure Dr. J would have ideas on how you can use Screenflow to capture a sequence and display it, but I am not sure it would be worth doing simply for a single presentation.

You can capture the animation using Quicktime's screen recording feature, edit it to remove that head and tail of setup and stopping recording in iMovie, then drop it into keynote. (I timed myself doing this and it took all of 7 minutes)

Screenflow would allow you to crop the screen to focus in on the action. If you find $99 painful and you want more then Quicktime, but less then Screenflow, iShowU is $30 and will do all you need quick and easy.

Archived