Photo

How do I set default Bible, Dictionary, Commentary, etc?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

Even after going through numerous video tutorials and FAQs I'm finding Accordance reasonably difficult to navigate. I'm sure it will get better as I become more familiar with it. Can anyone point me to the settings for the default commentary, dictionary, etc?

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Twitter:MyMacHero
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

The first tool listed in each category in the Library window (English Tools, Greek Tools, Hebrew Tools, Reference Tools, General Tools) is the default tool invoked by operations like triple-clicking a reference or a word.

As for the global defaults for the appearance of tools, go to the Preferences > Tool Display.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 JonathanHuber

JonathanHuber

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, Greek
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

Even after going through numerous video tutorials and FAQs I'm finding Accordance reasonably difficult to navigate. I'm sure it will get better as I become more familiar with it. Can anyone point me to the settings for the default commentary, dictionary, etc?

Default bibles are set in the program preferences, but default dictionaries and commentaries are set by dragging them to the top of their respective sections in the Library window.
2012 non-retina Macbook Pro
OS 10.10.1 Yosemite

#4 Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:52 PM

Default bibles are set in the program preferences, but default dictionaries and commentaries are set by dragging them to the top of their respective sections in the Library window.

Once again, Beautifully simple. Thank you.

#5 Ashadelo

Ashadelo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:King Jesus
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted Today, 04:00 PM

Wow! after trying to find the answer on youtube and looking over preference settings a few times I would never have guessed it was that easy.

Thanks

Living out the gospel's indicative/imperative motif's

#6 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,378 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted Today, 04:46 PM

Also, in version 11, there is a new Amplify preferences pane that takes place of the old assumptions.  Simply choose your default tools using this preference pane.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users