Upgrading from version 6.x to version 9.2.1

MacAlterego

I'm trying to make certain my upgrade did in fact go as smoothly as it appears. I purchased the version 9 Intro upgrade and downloaded 9.2.1 and installed it over the old version 6.5.x installation on my iMac running 10.6.6. There was a slight hiccup afterward in which , according to other instructions on the forum, the program would not launch due to missing modules, which did not get moved from the older directory in /Applications to the new location in /Library/Application Support/Accordance. After making those adjustments manually, and repairing permissions, it seems to be working just fine. I was able to reinstall all previously purchased modules, as far as I can tell. But I have seen on the web site a few bold print warnings that upgrading from version 6 to version 9 requires an interim upgrade to version 8, it seems to be working fine so I'm not sure if I circumvented something important. Any thoughts on this?

What you experienced in the 'slight hiccup' is the warning not to upgrade straight to 9. If you are running with all of your modules and preferences, then you should be fine. We just warn not to upgrade directly, so that users don't have to go find all of their modules or deal with other technical issues. For them, its much easier to download and upgrade to 8, then upgrade to 9.

The sales staff will supply the code for the version 8 upgrade free upon request, after you buy the upgrade to version 9. As Joel says, this is much, much easier than having to move and add back all your modules.

Archived