Scrolling speed

SteveP

I know I had put this in here somewhere, but a search didn't turn up any topics, so I will re-add it because the updates so far have not addressed the issue.

I REALLY would like to have the "flick" scrolling speed increased substantially. When I am in a text and I want to move through it, just as I would through a long web page in Mobile Safari, for example, the scrolling seems to be more like a lead balloon being dragged along than a document that flicks, slowly glides to a stop.

What is most interesting is that in the Library list the scrolling is excellent, working just as I would expect, but yet in the text windows it is nigh on unusable for me on the iPad.

I have a list of other "features", and this is really just an "aesthetic" issue, but it REALLY bugs me. :)

-Steve

I know I had put this in here somewhere, but a search didn't turn up any topics, so I will re-add it because the updates so far have not addressed the issue.

I REALLY would like to have the "flick" scrolling speed increased substantially. When I am in a text and I want to move through it, just as I would through a long web page in Mobile Safari, for example, the scrolling seems to be more like a lead balloon being dragged along than a document that flicks, slowly glides to a stop.

What is most interesting is that in the Library list the scrolling is excellent, working just as I would expect, but yet in the text windows it is nigh on unusable for me on the iPad.

I have a list of other "features", and this is really just an "aesthetic" issue, but it REALLY bugs me. :)

-Steve

One of the programmers can chime in on specifics if they have time, but this is a known item for the future. The underlying issue doesn't affect the library, which is why you don't notice it. :-)

One of the programmers can chime in on specifics if they have time, but this is a known item for the future. The underlying issue doesn't affect the library, which is why you don't notice it. :-)

Tried the iOS on my wife last night. She prefers the page turn in iBooks [though I can't see how it would be appropriate for our modules on the iOS]. Still, I thought I'd report it here. I will say that flipping a page is inherently faster than scrolling, as the processor does not have to create intermediate displays on the fly. I suspect that is why the parallel pane just "jumps" to the proper place when scrolling, rather than following the main pain as it scrolls.

When recording the iPad screen, I can easily see the text blurring while scrolling.

Archived