Instant Details

Moondougie

I have a couple of questions about the Instant Details window

1) If you don't hold down the command key it will show any available parsing information for the word. If you are in a tagged Greek or Hebrew text, it will show the grammatical (and syntactical, if available) information for the word. If you are in a English text with key numbers, it will show the english word, plus number, plus the greek or hebrew word that relates to that number. If you hold down the command key, instead of pulling up the gloss for that word, it loads it in the topmost relevant dictionary. So, over a Greek word it pulls the entry from your top Greek lexicon. Over a reference it pulls your top reference tool (commentary, usually) for that verse. Over an English word, it will either display your top English dictionary or the dictionary for that key number.

2) There are two ways to copy the ID box. First, if you see something you want to copy, hold down the shift key to freeze the ID box. You'll then see that one of the buttons on the box becomes undimmed, the copy button. Clicking that will put the contents into your clipboard. You can also right-click any word and do Copy Instant Details.

Joel,

Is there any way to scroll the information in the Instant Details or is the only option resizing the Instant Details box to view information that is too long to fit in the sized box?

Thanks.

You currently have to just have it big enough. The logic is that its for quick reading. Adding scroll bars and an interface for that seems unnecessary, when one can just triple click to get the full tool with that information immediately.

Thanks for the reply. I see the logic for quick reading, however I think the same logic would be better served with the ability to scroll. At times there are references in commentaries that are longer than usual and it would be convenient to be able to navigate it in its entirety without having to triple-click and leave the workspace you are in. I wonder if scrolling capabilities can be added without having to add actual scroll bars and it would only be navigated via scroll wheel or glide pad gestures?

Again, thanks for the quick reply. Your support is bar none.

• 1 year later...

This is excellent information! I don't mean to hijack the thread, but it's a top hit when searching about my problem with Instant Details.

When I have the NKJVS selected as my text, and hover over a word, I do indeed see the parsing information (consider Luke 13:28) in Instant Details. When I triple-click the word, I see the Mounce Greek Dictionary open in another tab. However, when I Command-hover over the same word, the Instant Details view is blank.

Any chance there is an explanation for this issue? It used to function just fine.

The command hover to Mounce is working fine for me. I tried several versions including NKJVS. Have you upgraded to 10.0.1?

Joel,

Is there any way to scroll the information in the Instant Details or is the only option resizing the Instant Details box to view information that is too long to fit in the sized box?

Thanks.

You can also use the new Instant Details Popover via opt-click or cmd-opt-click; this uses a scrollable text view that will display the contents of the entire article.

• Like 1

You can also use the new Instant Details Popover via opt-click or cmd-opt-click; this uses a scrollable text view that will display the contents of the entire article.

Thank you Rick, for pointing that out ... talk about working "under the hood"!

IMHO, probably the most pleasant feature in Acc. 10 thus far ... now we can study with style :)

Thank you Rick, for pointing that out ... talk about working "under the hood"!

IMHO, probably the most pleasant feature in Acc. 10 thus far ... now we can study with style :)

No problem; I like it a lot as well. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been highlighted along with some of the other new features (I guess too many to mention!).

This is especially nice on a small screen. Thanks for pointing this out.