Intermittent crash on creating note

Lance

Been meaning to post this for a while ... I find that maybe 50% of times the app crashes when I go to create a new user note. It happens after I've clicked "My mobile notes", just as the note edit window comes up (I see the blue verse number momentarily before the crash.)

When I get back into the app I land at the view I was in last before I went to the verse I tried to create the note for.

So let's try the following to help narrow down the issue:

1. Bring up a text search view scrolled to some verse reference where you don't have any user notes defined in "My Mobile Notes"

2. Long press on a verse reference and choose "New Note" and "My Mobile Notes" to bring up the user note editing view. Add some text and hit Done.

3. Choose a different verse reference and repeat this procedure.

4. Do it again and again and again.

At what point does it crash in this process? Also, what iOS version is your device running? Is your device jailbroken?

If your crash is repeatable then could you please gather any crash reports (see this thread) and send me a PM so I can take a look at them.

Thanks in advance,

Scott.

Thanks, Scott.

I'd have to try to observe it more closely over time to fully answer your question. But from a brief fiddle just now - it happened just once, and it was on the very first attempted note creation after I launched the app for the first time today. After that I tried another 5 new notes (different book & verse each time) in the same session - and all worked fine. I then tried another 4 or 5 in separate sessions (i.e. return to home screen then relaunch app between each attempt) - all those worked fine too.

... which jogs my memory at least partly. I have a vague memory that the crash may have happened once or twice previously on creating the second or third note in a session (but I could be mistaken). But what does strike me clearly is that when it happens, it's always (or nearly always?) on just the first new note event after I've launched the app for the first time in a while. After that first crash (& relaunch), I get no further trouble however many notes I create in that session (although I rarely create more than 2 or 3 at a time).

Anyway, I've now set that reporting thingy in itunes. So presumably you'll receive something via Apple about the initial crash I just produced? (As a matter of interest - how long might it take for that to get to you?)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, Scott.

I'd have to try to observe it more closely over time to fully answer your question. But from a brief fiddle just now - it happened just once, and it was on the very first attempted note creation after I launched the app for the first time today. After that I tried another 5 new notes (different book & verse each time) in the same session - and all worked fine. I then tried another 4 or 5 in separate sessions (i.e. return to home screen then relaunch app between each attempt) - all those worked fine too.

... which jogs my memory at least partly. I have a vague memory that the crash may have happened once or twice previously on creating the second or third note in a session (but I could be mistaken). But what does strike me clearly is that when it happens, it's always (or nearly always?) on just the first new note event after I've launched the app for the first time in a while. After that first crash (& relaunch), I get no further trouble however many notes I create in that session (although I rarely create more than 2 or 3 at a time).

Anyway, I've now set that reporting thingy in itunes. So presumably you'll receive something via Apple about the initial crash I just produced? (As a matter of interest - how long might it take for that to get to you?)

I've been having the same intermittent crashing problem when first going into notes.

Archived