User notes applied to >1 verses

Lance

Often I create a note that's actually about a block of two or three verses, or a whole pericope, or even chapter. So I attach it to the first verse of the block in question. I can see it could get complicated trying to intersperse single and multi-verse notes in the same file, but it would be nice to at least have the full passage reference as the link heading at the top of the note. (Ditto on iOS)

Often I create a note that's actually about a block of two or three verses, or a whole pericope, or even chapter. So I attach it to the first verse of the block in question. I can see it could get complicated trying to intersperse single and multi-verse notes in the same file, but it would be nice to at least have the full passage reference as the link heading at the top of the note. (Ditto on iOS)

Hi Lance,

You can edit the verse header and just type in the numbers for the verses you want the note to refer to.

Wow! As simple as that, eh? Thanks Jonathan :)

That certainly does help ... But I think it would still be helpful if applying a new note to multiple verses was more natural to the workflow. e.g. Perhaps it could be setup such that selecting text that straddles multiple verses and then right-click > edit user note, gives you a note with all the selected verses as the heading ??

Hi Lance,

You can edit the verse header and just type in the numbers for the verses you want the note to refer to.

Further on this ...

I note that manually expanding the heading reference works to the extent that you get a valid link to the passage. - i.e. click on that link and you get a text search window containing the verses. But it doesn't work with the Instant details window, which still displays only the text of the first verse.

The behaviour is different with a text link in the body of the note, where the instant details shows all the verses.

A link using a comma to separate non-contiguous verses doesn't function correctly either as a heading or in the body - only the first verse appears in the instant details.

Archived