Citation Feature and Paragraph Spacing

Calvin Lindstrom

Is there a way to keep Accordance from adding spaces when the citation feature is used for one of the tools or commentaries? For example, when I use Accordance to make a footnote, I will often select no text and use the copy as citation feature. I then create a footnote, and paste in the reference. Accordance adds two paragraph breaks before pasting the citation information. Can I change this?

Is there a way to keep Accordance from adding spaces when the citation feature is used for one of the tools or commentaries? For example, when I use Accordance to make a footnote, I will often select no text and use the copy as citation feature. I then create a footnote, and paste in the reference. Accordance adds two paragraph breaks before pasting the citation information. Can I change this?

How much blank space are you selecting? If you select a single space, for example it shouldn't enter returns into your doc. While it sounds like everything is working as designed can you provide a specific example of what you're attempting so we can get a better idea of what's going on, and if it is something we can improve? Also, what word processor are you using?

Rick, thanks for your interest in this topic. I am using Microsoft Word 2011 but I don't think the WP is part of my issue. Now that I reflect on the issue, it may only be a problem in how I am trying to use Accordance and its citation feature. It appears that when you copy as citation from Accordance, two returns will always be added and then the reference is given. When you copy no text, the two returns are still added and then the reference is given. I wonder if this could eventually be a preference in Accordance that could be changed. It really is only a problem for me, when I am trying to add a footnote to a document. It is not a major problem, but I would rather not have to remove the two returns every time I make a footnote using this feature.

Example:

A. The Ministry of Jesus to the Disciples in the Upper Room (13:1

Alright, I think I see the issue. In Accordance prefs go to Bibliography and check: Put bibliography details as footnote (maybe 'insert' is more appropriate). This should fix the issue and automatically insert the footnote for you.

post-5629-054270300 1303394580_thumb.png

HTH…

Alright, I think I see the issue. In Accordance prefs go to Bibliography and check: Put bibliography details as footnote (maybe 'insert' is more appropriate). This should fix the issue and automatically insert the footnote for you.

post-5629-054270300 1303394580_thumb.png

HTH

Rick, thanks for your help on this. When I tried your example I was using the WBC 2 Corinthians. For some reason the citation feature doesn't work with this particular text. This left me a bit confused. However, when I tried a different text, it worked just as you stated. Thanks Accordance team for great software and always helpful customer service.

I corrected the issue that was affecting 2Cor, and it will be in the next update. If it is crucial for you current work, email support or Helen off forum and we might be able to get an updated bibliography file to you sooner.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Rick

I corrected the issue that was affecting 2Cor, and it will be in the next update. If it is crucial for you current work, email support or Helen off forum and we might be able to get an updated bibliography file to you sooner.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Rick

Rick, thankfully I am not in any crucial need for the bibliographic information for WBC 2 Corinthians. I probably should have brought this to your attention sooner, but it was not much of a problem for me. Thanks for your willingness to be of help.

Rick, thankfully I am not in any crucial need for the bibliographic information for WBC 2 Corinthians. I probably should have brought this to your attention sooner, but it was not much of a problem for me. Thanks for your willingness to be of help.

my pleasure. here's a sample just in case:

1Ralph P. Martin, 2 Corinthians, vol. 40 of Word Biblical Commentary. Accordance/Thomas Nelson electronic ed. (Waco: Word Books, 1986), 22.

Archived