Printing Columns

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I have two tabs with identical settings: three top columns: NRSV, GNT-T, and NET and NET Notes in a pane at the bottom. These are not search tabs, but bible reference tabs, created from a Scripture link in a user tool. The only difference between them is which Scripture they pull up. {But see below}

When I printed the first one, the three columns printed in their entirety, followed by the NET notes for the specified passage. This is precisely what I was looking for, and I was thrilled that my experiment worked. When I printed the secont tab, however, I got a different result. Each verse is printed in 3 columns, with the notes for that verse under it, then the next verse, etc.....

As I wrote this, I realized what the difference may be. I set two of the columns in one tab for "Paragraph with Spaces" view; I don't think I made this change on the other tab. Is this what created the difference?

Also, the help file seemed to indicate that intereleaving was the only option if you printed horizontal and vertical frames together. Perhaps this could be clarified in a future addition of the help.

Thanks again for a wonderful program!

Lorinda Hoover

Lorinda:

Normal behavior is that whether you print the columns interleaved, top columns and bottom interleaved, or all columns with a bottom row, it does print one verse at a time. If you set at least one of the Bibles to print in paragraphs, then it prints one paragraph at a time (the way you like it), and lines the others up to match.

I am rewriting the Help files as we speak... badly needed, I agree.

Archived