Citation formatting question

Scott W. Kay

With the latest upgrade (9.3.x), it seems to me that the Copy as Citation has undergone a minor change. When I copy Bible text using the Copy As Citation command, it now adds the verse number between the reference and the text itself. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but it didn't used to do this. Granted, this has always occured when copying multiple verses at a time (which makes sense), but now it even does it when I'm only copying a single verse. Here's an example:

Mark 15.39 39 And when the centurion, who stood facing him, saw that in this way he breathed his last, he said, “Truly this man was the Son of God!”

Is there something I can do to prevent the Copy As Citation command from adding this redundant information? I've looked in Preferences, but can't seem to find anything relevant to this specific issue.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer on this.

Some users requested adding the number of the first verse, so we did it, but it had unexpected side effecrs so we are revisiting it for the next, upcoming, update.

Some users requested adding the number of the first verse, so we did it, but it had unexpected side effecrs so we are revisiting it for the next, upcoming, update.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the lightning fast reply, Helen. Your'e amazing!

Well, put my vote in for changing it back to the way it was. It will save me time and work to not have to delete those repeated numbers every time I paste them in my notes.

Have a Happy Resurrection Sunday!

Actually, what I would request is that we have the option of whether to include the first verse number or not. There are times that I would like it included, and times I would not want it included, so it would be nice if we could select it as an option for when we copy.

In Christ,

Bret

I would also hate to lose the ability to have the first vs # displayed. If you simply place the ref. above or below citation it resolves the visual dilemma for me. On another related issue, I've been having this issue of accordance adding a return between the first set of quotation marks and the first verse. See the illusration below. Is this something I'm doing wrong or can change, or is it a quirk in the program?

Thanks,

Accordance still adds a "return" after quotation marks when copying more than one verse. It formats correctly for only one verse but changes behavior for two or more. I have version 9.3.2 installed.

Thanks, Tom

Archived