Difference between texts in Matthew 24:50

Calvin Lindstrom

I have a question that I can't figure out. I might be missing something or there may be a bug in Accordance at this point.

I have open Matthew 24:50 in both the GNT-TR and GNT-T. I have configured COMPARE TEXTS not to note punctuation errors. Accordance registers a difference between the two texts for the word prosdoka. I can't see the difference between the two texts except for a comma in the TR. But since I have turned off punctuation differences it would seem that there should be no difference noted. Am I correct here or am I missing something?

post-1778-011151400 1305224529_thumb.png

Is there a chance that you manually highlighted that word in the GNT-T?

On my setup with both GNT-T and GNT-TR at version 3.9 and comparing words, lemmas, and tags, there is no difference noted by the comparison function.

In your Accordance preferences, under the "compare text" category, make sure that "ignore Greek accents and breathing marks" is checked.

In your Accordance preferences, under the "compare text" category, make sure that "ignore Greek accents and breathing marks" is checked.

Mark, that 'solved' the problem. However, there doesn't seem to any difference here simply with breathing marks or accents in this case. Is this a bug in Accordance here?

It looks like this is simply a typo in the GNT-TR text which Accordance is correctly identifying. The GNT-T text properly has a circumflex followed by an iota subscript, but the GNT-TR has an iota subscript, followed by a circumflex, followed by another iota subscript. Because the two iota subscripts appear on top of each other, it still looks right to the eye, but it actually is different. We'll get it corrected in an update to the GNT-TR.

Archived