Mis-located Paragraph Break in "Study of KJV"

Robert N

I believe there may be a paragraph break between paragraph 178 and 179 in the General Tool Module, "Study of the KJV", that should not be there. It occurs in the middle of this sentence...

while Miltonlabors with it, complicates it, entangling it with countless

details which areto the Scripture unimportant.

By the way I could not copy directly as Accordance's copy seems to add characters that affect copying. I had to copy to Word first and them avoid the extraneous characters and copy just the above characters in order to successfully paste.

Robert

Thanks for pointing out the typo. It also looks like footnotes are poorly placed as well. We'll get these issues fixed and issue an update.

As for the copy issue, when I copy I don't get any extra characters. Can you give us more detail about what you're seeing?

As for the copy issue, when I copy I don't get any extra characters. Can you give us more detail about what you're seeing?

And whether you have Unicode export turned on or off.

Scott.

The Preferences - Greek & Hebrew - Unicode export - Export all characters with Unicode format box is UNchecked.

I copied and pasted to a Word file David and then tried to attach it for your perusal (it is MS Office for Mac 2004), but the "Attach This File" response was "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file". The file was only 29KB. I also tried to paste the copy below... but that didn't seem to work either. Let me know what you want me to try next. Robert

The Preferences - Greek & Hebrew - Unicode export - Export all characters with Unicode format box is UNchecked.

I copied and pasted to a Word file David and then tried to attach it for your perusal (it is MS Office for Mac 2004), but the "Attach This File" response was "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file". The file was only 29KB. I also tried to paste the copy below... but that didn't seem to work either. Let me know what you want me to try next. Robert

If you .zip your file first that should always work, but your .doc file attachment should work now.

Here is the Word file now...

copypasteError.doc

I just discovered something else about this. I Copied a paragraph from the same work and pasted into Word with no problem. Here it is:

The first and most notable fact regarding the influence of the Bible on English literature is the remarkable extent of that influence. It is literally everywhere. If every Bible in any considerable city were destroyed, the Book could be restored in all its essential parts from the quotations on the shelves of the city public library. There are works, covering almost all the great literary writers, devoted especially to showing how much the Bible has influenced them.

It also pasted into this forum with no problem. In Word it had NO extraneous characters...NONE! The only difference I could see was that the flawed paste had a gap in the middle and this last paste was a complete paragraph.

I just tried a copy and paste including the gap across paragraphs and the paste in Word revealed the extraneous characters again. Here is an attempt at the paste of it.

Didn't work.

I am attaching the Word file with all three pastes in it separated by graphics of a line. I couldn't do it here because it won't let me attach a file in this edit of a reply I am supposing

I'm not sure if this sheds any useful light on the problem, but I hope it helps.

Robert

Here is the Word file...

copypasteError2.doc

I found an error in the "Study of the KJV" module in paragraph 442 in the second half of the second sentence "be" should be "he". Please confirm that you have seen this and that it is an error and if so that it will be changed. Thanks.

so that if the average man were told that he had been "criticized" by another be would suppose that something had been said against him

Please email such typos directly to me. I don't usually reply but I file them for use the next time the module is updated.

Archived