search argument limit & copy/paste from daily readings

Chuck Schneider

May 25th of the chronological readings has quite a few selections of Bible verses (around 17), but when I managed to copy/paste from the chronological readings into the normal search window, I got an error. If the number of verse selections is pruned down to 14, then there is no error and it displays all of the 14 verses as requested.

The daily reading feature from the assistant doesn't have this problem. All of the verses from the May 25th chronological readings will display just fine (i.e., all the Bible verses are displayed, although in the wrong order).

By the way, is there an easy way to select and copy all of the references from these daily readings so that I can paste them into my other workspace search window? It's just a lot nicer to have my tools follow along as I read and it's also nice to have the texts in the recommended order. None of the ways that I have tried to select/copy/paste (e.g., shift, option, command) have worked reliably.

Try holding down the command and shift keys while clicking on any verse in the list. A new window should appear with all the verse references in the list.

Mark

Try holding down the command and shift keys while clicking on any verse in the list. A new window should appear with all the verse references in the list.

Mark

Strangely enough, I don't get the same results. However, if I use Command and a single click, this causes a new window to appear with all the verses sorted in the order used by the text that I'm working with. But, in this case, what I would really like to do is copy the entire list of verses and paste them in to an existing window (which already has my tools tied to it). This has the added benefit of placing the verses in the same order as shown in the list.

I just re-read my response and realized that I forgot to thank you for the idea you recommended. Thanks Mark, and kind regards.

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered today that the limitation for searches appears to be 255 characters and not 14 entries. Would increasing this be too difficult?

Archived