Basic Searches

R Gustason

How do I search my entire library? I want it to look through bibles, user notes, user tools, everything for whatever key word. Right now I can only figure out how to search inside a specific text, rather than the whole library. Thanks in advance!

There is a Search All window which can be opened from the File menu, the Resource Palette Search button, and the right-click menu over a word selection. It has default groups that cover your entire library or a subset. Only your user notes are not covered. You can create your own groups in the bottom of the Library window. I hope you are using 9.3 as this feature has been significantly upgraded in 9.0 and after.

I suggest you search the new Help files for "Search All", and also watch this podcast. This page lists all the podcasts in different ways. They are an excellent way to get up to speed with Accordance.

There is a Search All window which can be opened from the File menu, the Resource Palette Search button, and the right-click menu over a word selection. It has default groups that cover your entire library or a subset. Only your user notes are not covered. You can create your own groups in the bottom of the Library window. I hope you are using 9.3 as this feature has been significantly upgraded in 9.0 and after.

I suggest you search the new Help files for "Search All", and also watch this podcast. This page lists all the podcasts in different ways. They are an excellent way to get up to speed with Accordance.

I am using 9.3 and thanks for the help!

Archived