Switching to Hebrew in User Notes

Deadlinguist

Hi Again,

I can't figure out how to switch back and forth between Hebrew and English input in the User Notes. Switching keyboard layouts for the mac itself has no bearing on it. That Notes supports Hebrew input is certain, since pasting Hebrew into the editor irrevocably switches it to Hebrew input. Thanks for your help!

DL

Just switch the font to Yehudit and it will do Hebrew right-to-left. Or use the Copy and Paste Style commands.

Just switch the font to Yehudit and it will do Hebrew right-to-left. Or use the Copy and Paste Style commands.

Beautiful, thanks for helping a slow learner! תודה רבה!

Follow up question: does anyone know of a way to create a macro-like shortcut in Accordance? I'd like to switch between Hebrew and English in User notes with a keystroke, particularly as one has to switch font sizes (size 14 in Yehudit is tiny). Typing quickly in notes will be impossible if I have to switch fonts and sizes back and forth every time I want to type a Hebrew word.

Follow up question: does anyone know of a way to create a macro-like shortcut in Accordance? I'd like to switch between Hebrew and English in User notes with a keystroke, particularly as one has to switch font sizes (size 14 in Yehudit is tiny). Typing quickly in notes will be impossible if I have to switch fonts and sizes back and forth every time I want to type a Hebrew word.

There are several tools and methods you can use. Although it's not the cheapest on the market, I use Startly's QuicKeys™. There is small learning curve to QuicKeys, and it has a great deal of power as it not only subsumes the power of Automator™, but also Applescripts™. I use QuicKeys for many, many reasons, and I find that it can save some time from having to write an Applescript or open BASH to carry out a task.

There are several tools and methods you can use. Although it's not the cheapest on the market, I use Startly's QuicKeys

Beautiful, that's just the type of thing I need. I'm switching over from Bibleworks and Word for Windows, brand new to Mac and Accordance. I *believe* this will eventually be better, but oh the tedium of making everything as quick and easy as it was on my comfortable if inferior old system! Thanks for helping with the adjustment.

DL

I got it Quickeys up and working perfectly - thanks again for the suggestion.

I got it Quickeys up and working perfectly - thanks again for the suggestion.

I think you will find that there are many tasks you can summon QuicKeys to accomplish for you. QuicKeys, along with Apple's high-level language Apple Scripts, can automate a great deal of your work flow. I use QuicKeys for my workspaces: Hebrew Research, Greek Research, Latin Research, Module Development, etc. By pressing a keyboard combination, my workspace is populates, windows adjust to the right size and arrangement, etc. It's a pricy app, but once your knowledge of the app matures, the 59.99 is very reasonable.

By the way, welcome to Forums and welcome to Accordance. I think you will find the Forums to be a great resource for gaining mastery of Accordance Bible Software.

Archived