No English translation in instant details

Roger Lier

I am using Accordance 9.3.3 on a MacBook Pro with Intel i7 processor and Mac OS 10.6.7.

In the Instant Details Preferences, "English gloss definition" is checked. If I uncheck it, and click OK, then open Instant Details preferences again, I find it checked. But still no English in the Instant details box. This is not the case with other boxes in the Instant Details preferences, they stay unchecked after I click OK, and the changes appear properly in the Instant Details box. It is only the English gloss definition that always remains checked, but never causes the English to appear in the Instant Details box.

I have tried reinstalling 9.3.3, but the problem remains.

Sorry, this week we are short on tech support staff. Please look in Library/Application Support/Accordance, and see whether the Greek words and Hebrew words files are in there, rather than in the Gloss folder. If so, i would try setting the permissions for the entire Accordance folder and its contents to yourself to Read and Write. If this does not solve the problem, please let us know (and if it does).

Thank you, Helen. That solved the problem. I set the Library/Application Support/Accordance folder permissions for myself to Read & Write as you instructed. That resulted in 6 modules appearing in the gloss folder. Cool!

Archived