Merging highlights

Chuck Schneider

I use Accordance on both my Macbook and my iMac. It's just inevitable that I make different highlights on each as I work my way through a text during the week.

It would be great if we could import or merge one set of highlights into another.

It's coming in the next update which should be approved by Apple any day now.

It's coming in the next update which should be approved by Apple any day now.

Actually, what Helen is referring to is the syncing and automatic merging of highlight files between Accordance for iOS and Accordance for Mac. Highlight file and user tool syncing support has been added to v1.3 of the iOS app. Merging of highlight files between two Accordance for Mac installations is currently not supported.

If you have an iOS device with Accordance on it you could use that as an intermediate step to get your highlight file changes synced between two Macs. You could also do the same for user notes.

Scott

There is a way to accomplish this, but it isn't really a merging of the files. I have set up Sugarsync to sync some of my my Accordance folders so that I have access on both my MacBook and my iMac to the same material. I just noticed today that with the highlight palette open, I am able to access the Highlight file from my iMac while using Accordance on my MacBook. In the dropdown menu of the highlight palette, there is an entry ' My Highlights (from iMac)' as well as the normal 'My Highlights' entry. I can use either one, but the highlights do not "stick" if I switch from to another unless both highlight files have the same setup - which is to be expected. One could use a single highlight file synced via a service like Sugarsync to do what ccs desires. It wouldn't be a merge but once the Highlight file is setup, it would accomplish what I think is requested.

Archived