Can't make link in user tool to Prayer of Manasseh, LXX-B

billwing

I'm making a daily devotions user tool with scripture reference links. I can't seem to make an acceptably spelled link to the Prayer of Manasseh in the LXX-B English Septuagint I have tried several abbreviations, including copying and pasting the scripture reference "Pr Man" found in the Accordance LXX-B to the search box, but nothing works so far. How should I spell the book to make the link work? Thanks.

Have you tried using Copy as User Tools Link after a right-click in the entry box of the window showing the required verses?

Have you tried using Copy as User Tools Link after a right-click in the entry box of the window showing the required verses?

I did try that, as you suggested. The menu option to copy as "user tool link" is greyed out, so I wasn't able to use it. It was unavailable to use in all of my texts, for some reason. I have to look into that.

When I copy and paste into the search window the Prayer of Manasseh scripture abbreviation as it appears in the text of the LXX-B, "Pr Man 1", and then click the search button a window pops up that reads, "There are characters which are unexpected or in the wrong position as shown in the selection."

It's not a big deal, I will make a note in my user tool that the Prayer of Manasseh follows 4 Maccabees 18. The text is probably rarely searched for by Accordance users, anyway. Thanks for the suggestion.

This is working perfectly for me, using Accordance 9.4.1 and LXX-B version 2.4. The correct abbreviation is Man. I enter that in a search for verses, right-click in the entry box, copy as user tool link, paste this string into the user tool, click update, and the link works: [LXX-B, V, Man].

Thank you for explaining this for me. It works fine now. I should have tried "Man' for the book abbreviation. I was trying all kinds of variations of Prayer, Pr, Pra*, etc.. I was also trying to make a user tool link from the text, rather than from the search window, although it was moot anyway, since I didn't know the proper way to abbreviate the book in the search window.

Thanks, Helen. I've had several of my fellow seminarians ask about Accordance in my exegetical class on the Pauline Epistles. They are impressed by the speed and power of the program.

Glad to help. The abbreviation is used in the text, and I found it in the GoTo pop-up menu, and in the List All Book Names in the Display menu.

I've had several of my fellow seminarians ask about Accordance in my exegetical class on the Pauline Epistles. They are impressed by the speed and power of the program.

Very cool! Let them know they can download our iPhone/iPad for free. Our Back to School sale also makes it an opportune time to move up to Accordance. They can then access their texts on their mobile devices as well as their computers. No need to lug the laptop to class anymore!

Archived