Individual or Small Groups of Commentaries

Greg Terry

As great as Accordance is, there one thing that would be of great benefit to me and likely others as well. I REALLY wish there would be more consideration given to selling commentaries as individual books or at least in small groups. I know the NAC is available in smaller groups, the NIGTC and Pillar are sold individually and that is a start. However, my main study passion of the Bible is the Old Testament. My budget will not allow me to lay down $500 - $700 each for multiple sets of commentaries. However, there are individual books that I would like to get from many of the sets. This is especially frustrating when I see a competitor to Accordance offer individual books in which I am interested. I don't mean this to be a negative criticism just expressing a heartfelt plea. I find Accordance more useful every day on my Mac and my iPod. Thank you for making my study infintely more fruitful than it was pre-Accordance.

We will certainly consider it for NICNT, but when we looked at the very few sales that we have had for individual commentaries from other series, it didn't seem worthwhile.

Greg, this is one of the reasons I still do not own commentaries in Accordance. I do most, if not all, of my textual work in Accordance and then go to my shelf when it's time to look at the commentaries. I like having access to my own "best of" series of commentaries, something I can't replicate in Accordance currently.

I understand Helen's position, though. I'm sure most people prefer buying complete sets.

Helen:

Thank you for the explanation and consideration. One thing I would add to your comment is that even though the sales of individual commentaries may not be great, it would add sales from some of us that would not otherwise have made a purchase due to the significant investment involved.

I hope you will consider offering the NICOT (when available) as individual volumes. That would prompt a few purchases from me for sure.

AdamR:

That has been my mode of study as well. Starting with the books and migrating to the few recent commentary resources I have in Accordance. I was able to get the WBC back a few months ago and it was well worth the money even though it was a stretch for me to invest that much.

Thanks again to Helen and the team for a wonderful tool .

I should also say there are a few NICNT volumes I would purchase were they available separately as well. Again, thank you for considering this.

Archived