User Tools

rcdeacon

Is there a way to "import" a Word document into a user tool? If someone could steer me to some helpful information it would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to make sermon outlines in Word then import them into Accordance via the the user tools and didn't know if it was possible or perhaps there is a better way to do this. Thanks for any help.

Hi, Bob,

That's a great idea, and yes, you can.

You can of course copy the outlines out of a Word document and then paste them into a tool(s). But I think what you want to do is import whole files.

Microsoft Word documents can be exported/saved as HTML files. And then, Accordance can create a new user tool from an HTML document. To create the best formatted outline, you'll want to make sure to use Header styles in the Word document before exporting to an HTML document.

Get started that direction and then ask further questions.

Thank you very much Joe. I will have to investigate "header styles". I'm not sure what that is and I did try to import but I use "outline numbering" and that did not import well. I got the text but the numbering got slightly messed up. I'm sure there is a work around and maybe header styles (whatever that is) is the answer. Thanks again.

Archived