Superscript link to Notes and returning to Text

DrL

Dear Friends at Accordance:

When having a KJVS text open to a long list of citations under study, and with parallel panes also open to the text AMP or NET, and when clicking on a superscript in the AMP or NET, a new tab opens with AMP or NET Notes giving the content of these Notes, and then when closing the Notes tab, the first tab with text files KJVS, AMP & NET reverts back to the first citation in the list instead of remaining at the most recent citation under study. How do you make the first tab remain at the citation of current study rather than resetting back to the first citation in the list?

Thank you,

DrL

I'm not totally clear what you're doing, but I tried duplicating what behavior you mentioned and I could not duplicate it.

Are you using the current version of accordance? It doesn't sound like it because what you're trying to do with zones enabled would have opened in a new zone, not a new tab.

I'm not totally clear what you're doing, but I tried duplicating what behavior you mentioned and I could not duplicate it.

Are you using the current version of accordance? It doesn't sound like it because what you're trying to do with zones enabled would have opened in a new zone, not a new tab.

Thank you for your help. I'm using version 9.4.1 of Accordance.

Clicking on a blue citation hyperlink (in TWOT or TWNT for example) does open in a new zone, but when double clicking on a superscript in AMP text, it opens the AMP Notes in a new tab, similar to triple clicking on a word in the KJVS text opens Strong's in a new tab. I can read the content of the AMP Notes in Instant Details by hovering over the superscript, but sometimes the content is longer and it is helpful to read in a larger space i.e. a new tab or zone.

Is there something I need to do to "enable zones" in this case?

Still looking for a way to close the "AMP Notes" tab after a brief look and return to the Workspace at the current citation under study instead of having the list reset to the first citation.

Thank you.

The number of zones that you are allowed is defined in the accordance preferences under the 'General Settings'.

In the case of your list always going back to the first citation I cannot reproduce it either but I think that may be because I have not understood exactly what you are doing. Perhaps if you could show us a screen layout it might help.

Thank you for your help.

I discovered that when KJVS, AMP, and NET Texts are open in parallel panes, and when "User Tool(s)" are open in other tabs in the same Workspace, and when clicking on a superscript in AMP or NET, that the AMP or NET Notes opens in a new tab, but when no "User Tools" are open in other tabs, then the Notes opens in a Zone, which answers one of my questions.

Perhaps my problem of the citation list resetting to the first citation in the list after closing the NET Notes or AMP Notes Tab/Zone is due to something not quite right with the citation list. For example, below is a list of citations in my search window which are giving me the problem.

Attached is a screen shot of my workspace. Thank you for any comments.

James 1:25; Proverbs 20:3,4,6,7,9,11-13,17,18,22,24,27,28; 1 Sam 16:1,6,7; John 8:14,15,18,19; Job 33:3,4; PS 8:4-6; Col 3:12,14,15; Deut 4:5,6; Isa 51:1,7,8,11; 1Tim 6: 6,9,11; Ex 33:9,19,20; Matt 16:24-28; Matt 23:1,2,5-11; 2Peter 1:2-4; 1Thess 4:9-11; 1Peter 2:11,12,15-17

Thank you.

DrL

post-31195-028012600 1314967620_thumb.png

I see the behavior you're speaking of now! I'm not sure of the "why", but it annoying and I've confirmed that it does not happen when no additional tabs are open in that zone. I'm not sure that we could call it a "bug" as much as "variant behavior" B) IMHO it should be consistent and the preferred behavior is that when there are no additional tabs.

Some work arounds:

1. If you were to add Net Notes and AMP Notes to your primary search window they would scroll along concurrently. This doesn't solve your desire to read the notes in a separate tab and I get that.

2. Use a separate zone for your Notes tabs and utilize the zone zoom feature with the zone switching keyboard shortcuts (alt+cmd+] )

3. Use a separate workspace and utilize Expose's Application Window hotkey (I don't have Lion/Mission Control but I understand there is an equivalent that better/faster/stronger)

To create the separate tied workspace, click on the superscript, then use the keystroke ALT+CMD+T to detach the zone/tab from the current workspace

In case you don't have zones set up, you can adjust the max # of zones in the General Section (I have 5, but I've got 2 massive screens... maybe 3 or 4 is best?)

I see the behavior you're speaking of now! I'm not sure of the "why", but it annoying and I've confirmed that it does not happen when no additional tabs are open in that zone. I'm not sure that we could call it a "bug" as much as "variant behavior" B) IMHO it should be consistent and the preferred behavior is that when there are no additional tabs.

Some work arounds:

I have yet another work around: Create a verse reference list and work from that instead.

Reference Lists allow to work on a list of verse references without having to maintain the search. In place of the search field, you'll find a "Description" field. You should be able to use this link to learn more about reference lists.

To create the list:

1. Use your mouse to set the focus on one of your texts in the search window and Select All (CMD+A)

2. CMD+CTRL+R (or right click, "Add Select to", "New Reference List Tab")

I have yet another work around: Create a verse reference list and work from that instead.

Reference Lists allow to work on a list of verse references without having to maintain the search. In place of the search field, you'll find a "Description" field. You should be able to use this link to learn more about reference lists.

To create the list:

1. Use your mouse to set the focus on one of your texts in the search window and Select All (CMD+A)

2. CMD+CTRL+R (or right click, "Add Select to", "New Reference List Tab")

Thank you, mikes, for these suggestions.

I think the

Archived