Creating a Kubo Type list

Ben Simpson

I realize I can do this by pulling Kubo off the shelf.

I'm trying to get a list of words used fifty times or less in the New Testament, but limiting the range in a certain book.

When I limit the range to a particular book and search for a [count 1-50] I get common words, but that are used less than 50 times in the book.

Thank you for any help.

Ben

I realize I can do this by pulling Kubo off the shelf.

I'm trying to get a list of words used fifty times or less in the New Testament, but limiting the range in a certain book.

When I limit the range to a particular book and search for a [count 1-50] I get common words, but that are used less than 50 times in the book.

Thank you for any help.

Ben

For what you're looking for you want to set the range to the entire NT. Then in your search you want to do the following, e.g., [COUNT 1-50] <AND> [RANGE Luke]

When you set the range in the drop down menu, you are actually limiting the corpus that you are searching in. Doing it the way I just described keeps the corpus to the entire NT, but then limits which set of results you want to surface, as given in my example, Luke.

Make sense?

This makes sense. I actually did a search on the entire NT (i.e., [count 1-50] @-[article] @-[particle]) and then searched in a different window [hits GNT-T 2] with the text limited to Ephesians. This got me the same thing, but your way is a lot cleaner.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

This makes sense. I actually did a search on the entire NT (i.e., [count 1-50] @-[article] @-[particle]) and then searched in a different window [hits GNT-T 2] with the text limited to Ephesians. This got me the same thing, but your way is a lot cleaner.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Glad to help.

Also, something I frequently do is to open a parsing window with the hits of the count + range search to have alongside the text as I work. Here's an example of what I do:

post-29335-025846900 1316100552_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

How did you open a parsing window displaying only the parsing information of the hits from your search? All I can produce is parsing information of every word within the first 200 verses.

Select the zone with the parsing info and press cmd-t, which will open the display settings called: 'Set Parsing Display.' Once there, go to the 'Parse' drop down menu and select 'Hit words only'. From here you can also choose to leave out certain elements you may find extraneous for reading purposes (e.g., root form) or if you're parsing is good enough, you can uncheck 'tags' as well.

Hope this helps!

Archived