Hebrew Lemma & Reading the MT

David Wheeler

I'm trying to do with the BHS-W4 module in accordance what I have done with the Greek, so I might be going about this in error. When I was just beginning to read my GNT I marked my text for words used 1-3x and forced myself to learn 4x or more. With the GNT that is a one and done thing.

However with the MT it is going to be awhile before I can say that. I've noticed that when I "click a word" and select lemma search, it will insert a preposition prefix by default, for instance, requiring me to edit the search. My goal is to note all the words which occur 50x or fewer in my text; and force myself to recognize those occuring 50x or more. So, as I am new to the Hebrew tools and reading MT, as well, I'm having to do a fair amount of lookups.

In my old days of Greek (BC=before computers) I would use Sakea Kubo. Do you think it is too awkward to use Accordance this way and I should just purchase Busby?

-David Wheeler

I'm trying to do with the BHS-W4 module in accordance what I have done with the Greek, so I might be going about this in error. When I was just beginning to read my GNT I marked my text for words used 1-3x and forced myself to learn 4x or more. With the GNT that is a one and done thing.

However with the MT it is going to be awhile before I can say that. I've noticed that when I "click a word" and select lemma search, it will insert a preposition prefix by default, for instance, requiring me to edit the search. My goal is to note all the words which occur 50x or fewer in my text; and force myself to recognize those occuring 50x or more. So, as I am new to the Hebrew tools and reading MT, as well, I'm having to do a fair amount of lookups.

In my old days of Greek (BC=before computers) I would use Sakea Kubo. Do you think it is too awkward to use Accordance this way and I should just purchase Busby?

-David Wheeler

All you have to do is run the following search: ‏ ‎[COUNT 1-50]‏

You can add a range to this search to narrow down to the section you're actually reading; e.g., ‏ ‎[COUNT 1-50]‏ ‎<AND>‏ ‎[RANGE Gen 1-3]‏

You can then set up another window with the results. I demonstrated it here.

Archived