Is There a Way to get Context on Search All?

Samuel Clough

I'm trying to see if I can get more context on a search all. For example, say I want to lookup a verse in all the commentaries I have. The easiest way to do this is obviously a search all. The only problem with this is that when I'm looking at one verse it will usually be significant to look at the previous or next verse. However, in the search all window all I have is the exact entry that was found. For example, if I highlight something and use "My Workspaces" to search it across several resources (which was my old way of doing "search all" before it was upgraded), it takes me right to an entry, but I'm till free to browse before and after the entry to see the context. Is there a way to do this with a search all window so you can scroll before and after the hit and not just see the exact hit on the search? If not, is there a way to do this that I'm missing without having to open a completely separate workspace?

No, there is no Add Context option for the Search All tab, but you can of course double-click on the module name in the left pane and see the entire search in that module with as much context as you want.

Archived