Context Bar Revised

John F. Hart

There are almost no features of Accordance that I don't love. But I have one: the context bar.

It takes a few extra seconds of coordination for me to click on the slider and drag the bar to 2 verses of context rather than 3, or to 4 verses rather than 5. I would prefer numbers 1-9 listed, each in a small box, and a final "A" in a small box. I could see exactly which number of verses I want and simply click on that box. That would be one way of doing this faster. Maybe someone can think of a faster way. As it is, it is a little tedious for me. Maybe others have no problem with the context bar.

John, you can click on any point in the context slider right now to make the slider jump to that point. Click just left of center for 3, just right of center for 4, etc. No dragging required. With respect to adding labels and tick-marks to the slider, we considered it, but it was just too visually busy in a tight space.

Perhaps a popup menu (as an option) do better?And with a keyboard combination?

123456789A (under each other)

Hans

David, I think there is space to the right (push the drop-down menu for the graphs to the right), but I also agree that my suggestion probably would be a little too busy visually. So maybe that wouldn't work. I know that clicking along the context bar immediately takes me to a certain number of verses contextually. But it is still a little too imprecise for me. From my perspective, it would be worth thinking through what could be both more intuitive and immediate

Archived