Interlinear Texts

RogueMonk

Thanks for the update!

How does the Dynamic Interlinear work? How do I activate it or set it up? I can't figure that out.

Any keyed or tagged text should have an Interlinear checkbox. Turn it on and play with the settings in the Show menu. Dr. J should be coming out with a podcast on the feature soon.

Any keyed or tagged text should have an Interlinear checkbox. Turn it on and play with the settings in the Show menu. Dr. J should be coming out with a podcast on the feature soon.

Thanks. Maybe this is a stupid question, but what texts are keyed?

Any strongs or G/K tagged text, such as KJVS, NAS95S, HCSBS, NIV G/K, ESVS, and others. Generally any text ending in S is tagged (with a few exceptions, such as NETS).

Any strongs or G/K tagged text, such as KJVS, NAS95S, HCSBS, NIV G/K, ESVS, and others. Generally any text ending in S is tagged (with a few exceptions, such as NETS).

Thanks. And sorry about the thread highjack.

Why does my LXX not show up in the "show" dropdown menu for interlinears? My Strongs translations as well as my GNT and BHS modules show up... but not my LXX. Granted, I have the MT-LXX Paralell, but I see no real reason LXX cannot be added to the menu, other than Accordance wants to save the profits from selling the MT-LXX. Is this something that can be added?

The interlinear will use any data available. All Strong's text map to Hebrew lemmas (OT) and Greek lemmas (NT). The LXX doesn't match to strong's numbers nor Hebrew, so it cannot be used in interlinear. This is similar to why the VULG-T cannot be used in interlinear, there must be something to match the latin words to the hebrew lemmas.

Just when I think Accordance can't get any better a new feature is added. I am blown away with the new Interlinear feature. I can see this as being an essential feature when printing out class notes for teaching (or for teaching from an iPad).

Thanks for all you are doing!

I too am very excited about this feature for the classroom.

As usual . . . . awesome work. Thanks to all!!!!!!!

This is absolutely brilliant.

Any thoughts on making it possible for users to add per-word glosses (similar to the very old printed texts that used to leave room for notes and glosses)? I guess effectively they would have to be Strongs keyed user bibles?

Is there any way to print / create PDF of the portion of the interlinear once all the desired parameters are set up? I tried this, only to find that despite other interlinear information being listed below the main text on my screen, only the main text line itself was printed. Any workarounds? Apart from laborious screen captures?

Edited by Michael T

• 5 months later...

I am sure this question has probably been asked somewhere else but I could not find it so I ask to be excused if I am asking it again.

Is there a limitation on the number of texts that may be compared using the Interlinear feature?

I have 9 English Bibles coded with Strongs or GK and I frequently want to see quickly how each of them render a word, however, after I reach 8 it will not display any more.

Thanks,

Tony Lawrence

I've noticed that too, Tony. I'm assuming there must be a limit.

Yes, there is a hard limit to the number of Texts that can be displayed (8) related to a maximum number of "open" modules.

Is this a major limitation??

Mike