Viewing two passages side by side

Simon Warren

Is there a way to view two passages side by side. e.g If I'm studying Hebrews 3:1-6 and also want to have Psalm 95 alongside it?

Thanks

You can have them side by side with a zone format, in version 9.0 and above.

For example:

You can also enter both references, have two panes of the same text, and press control as you scroll the selected pane with the scroll bar. This lets you scroll the panes independently, as long as you continue to press control.

Thanks for these.

The ctrl scroll method works but is a bit clunky - mainly because by clicking the scroll bar you go down a page of text at a time. The zone method looks good - but am I right in thinking that you can't have english texts in each zone?

Thanks for these.

The ctrl scroll method works but is a bit clunky - mainly because by clicking the scroll bar you go down a page of text at a time. The zone method looks good - but am I right in thinking that you can't have english texts in each zone?

You can have English Texts in each zone. A zone is automatically created when you open a different text type. When you open a particular text it is then automatically added to the relevant zone. However you can then click and hold on the tab of the text and move it across to the other zone.

So if you have the ESVS open in one zone and a commentary open in another zone and you then open the NRSV it will create a new tab in the same zone as the ESVS. However you can grab the NRSV and move it to the other zone. If you just want texts you can delete the commentary tab which will leave just the NRSV in that zone. You can then save the workspace and display it whenever you want.

Hope that makes sense

You can have English Texts in each zone. A zone is automatically created when you open a different text type. When you open a particular text it is then automatically added to the relevant zone. However you can then click and hold on the tab of the text and move it across to the other zone.

So if you have the ESVS open in one zone and a commentary open in another zone and you then open the NRSV it will create a new tab in the same zone as the ESVS. However you can grab the NRSV and move it to the other zone. If you just want texts you can delete the commentary tab which will leave just the NRSV in that zone. You can then save the workspace and display it whenever you want.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks Steve. That's exactly what I was after.

Archived