Displaying Greek font in all caps

Richard Liantonio

I am wondering if it is possible to display the text of GNT-T in all caps, in order to practice for reading unicals, inscriptions, etc.

I know I can set the export to strip breathing marks and accents and then convert to all caps in MS Word, but I was wondering if there was any way to do it within Accordance. I looked around in the "Text Display" box and didn't find anything so I figured I'd ask.

Thanks!

I am wondering if it is possible to display the text of GNT-T in all caps, in order to practice for reading unicals, inscriptions, etc.

I know I can set the export to strip breathing marks and accents and then convert to all caps in MS Word, but I was wondering if there was any way to do it within Accordance. I looked around in the "Text Display" box and didn't find anything so I figured I'd ask.

I don't know of any way to turn on all caps, but if you want to really practice reading uncials, you should check out some of the codices available in Accordance. Go to the Greek Bibles page in the online catalog and check out Codices Alexandrinus, Bezae, Sinaiticus, Vaticanus, Washingtonensis as well as the GNT Papyri module.

Those modules all use a special uncial font. And notice in the screen capture I've attached that you can turn spacing between words on (as seen in the left column) or off as it would look on the original codex (as seen in the right column). All of these texts are tagged as well.

Screen Shot 2011-12-08 at 9.18.31 AM.png

I don't know of any way to turn on all caps, but if you want to really practice reading uncials, you should check out some of the codices available in Accordance. Go to the Greek Bibles page in the online catalog and check out Codices Alexandrinus, Bezae, Sinaiticus, Vaticanus, Washingtonensis as well as the GNT Papyri module.

Those modules all use a special uncial font. And notice in the screen capture I've attached that you can turn spacing between words on (as seen in the left column) or off as it would look on the original codex (as seen in the right column). All of these texts are tagged as well.

post-34-056926200 1323354002_thumb.png

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to have to check those out!

post-34-056926200 1323354002_thumb.png

I'd also recommend paragraph view and showing only verse number to give it a more realistic look. But, why not read the MSS for yourself? [insert shameless plug of CSNTM Image Collection] ;-)

I would love to see a package that included the images and all their partner modules in a future super-special!

Archived