Word lookup - target dictionary?

Daniel Wee

When I triple-tap on a word in the BHS-W4, for example, the word search comes up in the Tools window under BDB. I have however installed BDB Complete as well. Is there a way for the word-lookup to default to BDB Complete, or even HALOT/BDAG instead of just BDB?

Hey Daniel,

Yes, there is way to change the defaults. The Library Window is the place to do so. Currently, under your "Hebrew Tools" you have the BDB as the top listed item. Whatever you designate as the top place holder will be the default tool for the respective triple click action. Thus, to get the BDB Complete to be the default, drag it to the top of the list and drop it.

TIP: What ever is second, third, fourth, etc., will occupy the ⌃N positions. Thus, when you relocate the BDB Complete to the topmost position, BDB will be second. Once you triple click a word, to change from BDB Complete to BDB (or something like HALOT), you can click ⌃2 to change to this lexicon.

Thanks James! That was quick, and makes sense. I'll give it a shot.

• 8 months later...

I found an odd quirk when moving items in the Library in 10.0. I can't move any items to the very top of the list. I can only move them up to the #2 position. Then I have to move whatever is at the top down below what I wanted to place at the top. I wonder if anyone else has seen this?

-Scott

I found an odd quirk when moving items in the Library in 10.0. I can't move any items to the very top of the list. I can only move them up to the #2 position. Then I have to move whatever is at the top down below what I wanted to place at the top. I wonder if anyone else has seen this?

-Scott

I believe this is a known issue that is being worked on. There were some similar bugs reported during the beta testing. It might have been one of those ones that slipped through. I'm sure they'll get to fixing it up with the next point release.

-Scott

Try moving the item to number 2 and then move number 1 to the second position. An extra step, but worked for me.

I have employed the same strategy as Michael. It works but the extra effort is going to wear me out. :-)